Adding to the pack? If you’re thinking about having a baby or have one on the way, PetSmart is here for you. Our programs offer information and support throughout your family’s journey. Whether it is during pregnancy, adoption, fertility treatments, or after-birth, you can be sure the PetSmart family is there to help you as you grow yours.
Here’s how our family helps you grow yours!
After your family has grown, we’re here to support you while you bond. Visit the Leave of Absence page to learn about our Paid Parental Leave Policy.
The programs detailed below require enrollment in a medical plan.
The Stork Support Maternity Support Program is available to expectant mothers in any of the UnitedHealthcare medical options. When you enroll in the program, you’ll have access to a maternity nurse who is available to answer your questions and provide educational information to help you make informed decisions throughout your pregnancy.
Stork Support also provides information and resources before, during and after pregnancy. With access to content and online video courses at myuhc.com/maternity, you’ll learn steps that may help lead to a healthier pregnancy and birth.
To enroll in the program, call 1-866-507-3061.
UnitedHealthcare may also cover the purchase of personal, double-electric breast pump. Click here to learn more about your breast pump coverage.
For more resources visit taking care of your health during pregnancy page.
The Pacify Maternity Support Program is available to expecting families. Bind partners with Pacify to provide you with easy access to maternity experts who offer personalized guidance, benefits navigation and return to work resources. The program also provides you additional support with trusted experts throughout your parenthood journey. To learn more about the Pacify Maternity Support Program click here or visit the Pacify site.
To make a change to your benefits, you must complete the Qualified Status Change Form. Visit the Work or Life Changes section for the form and next steps.
We have two Fertility Support Programs, one through UnitedHealthcare and one through the Bind plan.
UHC Fertility Support Program
We have a Fertility Support Program to help you navigate the often-stressful journey of fertility treatments. The lifetime maximums for fertility treatments are:
- $25,000 for medical services
- $10,000 for prescription drugs
Simply enroll to work one-on-one with a specialized fertility nurse who can:
- Provide ongoing guidance and support
- Help you find high-performing, in-network specialists and connect you with a Center of Excellence
- Explore your options for treatment
- Tell you about the best ways to reduce your chances of multiple births
- Help you best use your health plan benefits
Get started today by calling 1-866-501-3061. To learn more, click here
Progyny – Bind Fertility Support Program
Progyny’s Smart Cycle benefit connects you to leading fertility specialists and allows them to provide the most advanced, effective fertility treatment, the first time—without barriers to treatment—so you can obtain the best chance of achieving a successful pregnancy with the course of treatment that is best for you.
This program includes:
- Comprehensive coverage
- Personalized guide
- Premier specialists
To learn more and activate your benefit, call: 833.210.4629. To learn more, click here.
Adoption Assistance Program
The Adoption Assistance Program allows eligible full-time associates, with one year of service, to apply for a reimbursement of up to $2,000 per child. You can apply this money toward legal fees, domestic transportation costs, counseling fees and other expenses. Eligible associates can also receive 4 weeks of paid parental leave, if eligible. Contact the Leave and Disability Team for more information at 1-800-521-7387 or email@example.com. To fill out a reimbursement form, click here.
U.S. law requires that adoption assistance expenses be reimbursed only through a qualified plan for our company to help. If you have a qualifying adoption-related expense, PetSmart will provide reimbursement to you up to this plan’s limit. Availability of this benefit is limited to the following provisions:
- You must be a full-time associate and have completed at least one year of service with PetSmart.
- Your adoption expenses must be qualified as defined by the Internal Revenue Service under Internal Revenue Code Section 137.
- The child being adopted must be under the age of 18.
- The maximum reimbursement limit for the adoption of a child is $2,000, with a lifetime maximum of $8,000.
- Covered expenses include the following: Public/private agency fees court costs, legal fees associated with the adoption, temporary foster care by an approved agency, domestic transportation costs, counseling fees associated with the placement and initial adjustment, medical costs that are not covered under the current medical plan,
- Covered adoption expenses will not be reimbursed until the adoption is finalized.
- If two associates are married and both are employed by PetSmart, the adoption benefit will be available to only one associate per adoption.
- Stepparent adoptions are excluded from the Adoption Assistance Program.